EXPLORE THE AREAS OF OUR SITE
As a scientific community we are working to further understand the functions of apoE receptors including:
- Interactions with APP processing
- Aβ clearance/deposition
- Synaptic function
- Glucose utilization and insulin signaling
The goal of this Program is to take advantage of the overlapping interests and diverse expertise of five scientists examining the biology of apoE and apoE receptors in the CNS.
The specific aims of this project include understanding the functions of apoE receptors including:
- Effect of the three apoE isoforms
- Intracellular signaling
- Genetic regulation & receptor processing
One of the goals of the program project is to develop a unique collection of apoE/apoE receptor reagents and protocols. As possible these may be made available on a limited basis to the general scientific communities.
These reagents include:
- Specific antibodies for the apoE receptor family
- cDNAs and cell lines
- New transgenic mouse crosses